Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums

Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/index.php)
-   Chatterbox (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   THIS IS MANCHESTER UNITED #143 (2019/20) - Rebuilding The Team! (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=542386)

loveikan 11-02-2020 07:16 PM

OGS is still learning but he managed to ship out many deadwoods.
He has also brought in the right players who has the hunger and wanted to play for the club.
Not only that, he also helped some of the player to improve such as Fred, McTominay and M.Rashford.
Lingard and Perriera were a disappointment having given the chance ro play so many games.
Actually, the former will be quite good to harass the opponent given his speed and stamina but he lacks the steel and rather timid as well to do this job.

Anyway hope this summer transfer window, OGS will continue to get the support to bring in the right player as well as not forgetting to give opportunity for the Academy.

It will be very impt for him and the club. We need to do some smart signings and not be taken for the ride.

loveikan 11-02-2020 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moscowblue (Post 10025969)
Based on his exploits in China, I say he is quiet good.
But again, can he be good enough for us in this situation remains to be seen as he is away from this League for 3-4 years.

yeah, quite a strong lad and hope he can help wake up A.Martial

loveikan 11-02-2020 07:42 PM

‪Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has confirmed Odion Ighalo will be in Man United’s squad vs Chelsea: “Yeah, he is going to travel with us. We will just see his fitness work this week and I think we will get him sharp. We want to integrate him as quickly as we can because, of course, he is desperate to play for us.” ‬

Would you start Ighalo or bring him off the bench against Chelsea?

moscowblue 11-02-2020 09:37 PM

The problem starts with the Glazers and Woodward

I agreed changing the manager may not help

We may be in for a long haul before titles starts coming back in again

Best solution is of course to get in the Middle east $$$$$ and get the glazers out, after which I am also sure Woodward will get out too, or a Director of Football brought in to help the club.

Woodward is wielding too much control over the club including negotiating with players....... Wonder why we kept getting players in at the very last minute???

As the saying goes "if you are not part of the solution, then you are part of the problem"

jwhtan 12-02-2020 10:18 AM

why we keep getting players at the last minute is because the management is penny pinching, looking for " value " deals

the danger in such a policy is that we may not get the player we want but opt for a alternative
obviously if we just pay, then we'll get fleeced in every deal we try to make

many times in every management, the organisation think too highly on themselves .... in Man Utd, the club probably thinks the name itself sells .. and that players will all want to come when Utd calls but we are no longer the winning team under SAF .... players want to join either winners or best paymasters .... we are not the winners we once were, and we penny pinch ...

but i still think we shouldn't deal with Mino Raiola .....

jwhtan 12-02-2020 10:44 AM

as for Ed Woodward, is he as bad as he is being vilified ?
i think it is because he freaking screw up the first transfer window that he was in charge of

2013 David Moyes talked abt Ronaldo, Bale, Fabregas, Kroos etc big name players and then Ed Woodward left the Utd summer tour to conduct " urgent " transfer business ..... all the fans were left in anticipation of who is to come in .... this is the first year after SAF ... and then what happens ? we had Marouane Fellaini and we paid 4m more than his exit clause that expired a few days earlier because we offered a low ball price when his exit clause was effective ..... he did deliver Juan Mata in the January window though

2014 i think is the top tactician fault .... woodward delivered the players the manager wanted ... Di Maria, Falcao, Herrera, Shaw, Blind, Rojo ....
2015 still under LVG .... Martial, Schneiderlin, Schweinsteiger, Depay, Darmian, Romero
of cos the players LVG didn't want were all flogged off cheaply ... including Di Maria buy one year sell the next at 15M loss to freaking rich PSG ...

2016 Mourinho ..... Pogba, Mikhitarian, Bailly, Zlatan
2017 Mourinho ..... Lukaku, Matic, Lindelof
2018 Mourinho ..... Fred, Dalot, Sanchez

2019 Solskjaer ..... Maguire, Wan Bissaka, Daniel James, Bruno Fernandes

did Ed Woodward do as bad as he is made out to be or u think the managers screw up ?

draw ur own conclusions

loveikan 15-02-2020 06:08 AM

Manchester City banned from European club competitions for two seasons by Uefa

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...7B4PKg&ampcf=1

lenghan 15-02-2020 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loveikan (Post 10026003)
Manchester City banned from European club competitions for two seasons by Uefa

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...7B4PKg&ampcf=1

With our current crop of players, still doubt that we can reach 5th place!!!
Just my personal opinion

BBP604 17-02-2020 11:34 AM

Next match against Chelsea.
Shall see if BF can step up and be good at the centre of the field.
Igaldo looks to see if his return can add firepower and challenge at the front.
Read reports we are eyeing maddison and grealish.
What are we missing ?

loveikan 17-02-2020 12:14 PM

yup.
we need James and Martial to trouble Chelsea backline with their speed, spilt their defence up allowing BF to make assist and passes to our forward line.

But having said so, we lack a DM with Mctominay and Matic injured.
hope we can win this match.

Btw, either Greanlish or Maddison will be good. and last heard Timo Wener and Jadon are in Woody's plan too

lenghan 17-02-2020 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loveikan (Post 10026025)
yup.
we need James and Martial to trouble Chelsea backline with their speed, spilt their defence up allowing BF to make assist and passes to our forward line.

But having said so, we lack a DM with Mctominay and Matic injured.
hope we can win this match.

Btw, either Greanlish or Maddison will be good. and last heard Timo Wener and Jadon are in Woody's plan too

Also reports that Woody is not in favour of Ole spending...or is he ready to offload Ole for another manager come end of the season? We shall see!!!

loveikan 17-02-2020 03:43 PM

read that Woody is in favour of selling Pogba and the fund will be available for ole

Personally, not in favour to bring in Poch..let Ole handles for another season

BBP604 17-02-2020 08:46 PM

Credit to Ole who helps to rid off the deadwoods.
But there is more work to be done to bring us to champions level.
We need a strong midfield general and a lethal goal poacher.
Lets start off to see how our new guys perform later.

loveikan 17-02-2020 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBP604 (Post 10026030)
Credit to Ole who helps to rid off the deadwoods.
But there is more work to be done to bring us to champions level.
We need a strong midfield general and a lethal goal poacher.
Lets start off to see how our new guys perform later.

A good game to further gauge our strength and weakness.
Assess which players they need to sign in order to have a balanced team.

btw read that JM interested to sign CSmalling. hope he will ask for lingard too

BBP604 18-02-2020 02:07 AM

Yes he is also another deadwood need to clear.
AM lacks killer instinct and should go as well.

lenghan 18-02-2020 03:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBP604 (Post 10026032)
Yes he is also another deadwood need to clear.
AM lacks killer instinct and should go as well.

AM not only lacks killer instinct. Personally I think he is too inconsistent.
He can be MIA for few matches in a roll, and when he may be about to be taken off, he does this...scoring an amazing goal!!!!!
And then Ole will contd to keep him in the game. What a paradox.
Yes, we all do not doubt he is an excellent and skilled player, but he is simply too inconsistent. Unlike most strikers in all other teams that will put in their share when their team is under relentless attack, unfortunately AM stays clear cos he is very afraid to get injured. judging by the numerous times he "chickens out" from challenging tackles

loveikan 18-02-2020 05:56 AM

1-0. good work by Bisaka and a perfect cross him to wrap his foot around the ball and Martial met the ball with a glancing header......reminded me of such player like T.Sheringham. it is also similar to the glancing header by Ole against BM in the 1999 CL final.

loveikan 18-02-2020 05:57 AM

D.James is not having a good 1st half

jwhtan 18-02-2020 06:43 AM

my goodness .... i feel for chelsea ..... i'll be so upset if it's Utd at the wrong end of these VAR decisions ..... i thought Giroud's " goal " was fantastic until VAR rules his toe offside :o

KeeHuat 18-02-2020 06:57 AM

3 important points

loveikan 18-02-2020 07:02 AM

unlucky Giroud. that's why many said the VAR brought out the excitement from the game

anyway a 2-0 win and finally Maquire scored a header from a corner and from BF. an impt win

Also Baily has quite a gd game considering his 1st match after a long term injury.

KeeHuat 18-02-2020 08:28 AM

Either Pogba is purposely using his big mouth agent Raiola to do his talking or letting his agent say whatever he wants. Pogba posts so much social media but doesn't say anything on what he wants on football. Anyway Pogba is too much of a pain and it's better that he gets out from the club.

lenghan 18-02-2020 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loveikan (Post 10026042)
unlucky Giroud. that's why many said the VAR brought out the excitement from the game

anyway a 2-0 win and finally Maquire scored a header from a corner and from BF. an impt win

Also Baily has quite a gd game considering his 1st match after a long term injury.

Great attitude overall from the lads. But I must admit today VAR was pretty kind to us. Maguire probably could have been shown the red card and Zouma's goal could have stood

loveikan 18-02-2020 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lenghan (Post 10026044)
Great attitude overall from the lads. But I must admit today VAR was pretty kind to us. Maguire probably could have been shown the red card and Zouma's goal could have stood

So far so good.
D. James was quite off the mark.

BF had a good game and his well taken corner and our defender scoring with a header was like decades ago.
Add gloss to the win

loveikan 18-02-2020 11:37 PM

OGS meets the press after the Chelsea game.

https://www.facebook.com/ManUtdMEN/v...7065064980248/

loveikan 20-02-2020 09:17 PM

A DOF soon

https://talksport.com/football/67155...box=1582137280

lenghan 20-02-2020 10:59 PM

Hope this time is for real. The media had been running this for so long already

KeeHuat 21-02-2020 02:06 AM

Man Utd: Romero, Dalot, Lindelof, Maguire, Shaw, Williams, Matic, Mata, Pereira, Lingard, Martial

Subs: De Gea, Bailly, Fred, Fernandes, James, Ighalo, Wan-Bissaka

lenghan 21-02-2020 02:59 AM

Still cannot really understand Ole in trusting JL n AP

lenghan 21-02-2020 03:15 AM

Poor judgment by our goalie. 1-0 down

lenghan 21-02-2020 03:18 AM

I still believe Ole selection for the starting 11 is very naive.

Shadow7 21-02-2020 03:26 AM

B Williams keeps losing the ball and he’s to blame for the opening goal :mad:

lenghan 21-02-2020 03:37 AM

AM scored a very good individual goal racing from half way line towards goal

lenghan 21-02-2020 04:19 AM

Just wondering how much longer do we need to watch JL play.
And lo n behold Ole takes out AM
Really puzzling

lenghan 21-02-2020 05:00 AM

Personally Ole game strategy on substitution is very poor. Why take AM out instead of JL and putting BF in so late had little impact if we are going for a very possible win????

loveikan 21-02-2020 05:17 AM

am surprised with the team selection.
We really shot ourselves in the foot with a poor line up.

And very fortunate not to lose.

KeeHuat 21-02-2020 01:15 PM

Pereira and Lingard were equally bad though Lingard was slightly better in wanting to pass forward more of the time. Pereira probably taken off because he was on a yellow and stood a chance of getting another yellow with automatic red the way he plays, always want to dribble but can't do it well, loses the ball and then foul the player who took the ball off him.

Williams was poor, kept on losing the ball.

Romero should not have come out and cost us a goal.

BBP604 21-02-2020 02:39 PM

We have several casualties so rotation is inevitable.
Given our lean squad we can only hope the other team is not as good.
Half way through the season and hoping a top 4 finish.
Cant wait to end this season quickly and look forward to new recruitment.

KeeHuat 21-02-2020 03:05 PM

From Monday 17 February to 8 March (21 days) there are 7 matches, so you have to use the squad. You can't play the same players all the time.

KeeHuat 23-02-2020 10:06 PM

Manchester United XI: De Gea, Wan Bissaka, Lindelof, Maguire, Shaw, Fred, Matic, Greenwood, Bruno Fernandes, James, Martial.

Subs: Bailly Mata, Romero, Ighalo, McTominay, Chong, Williams.