Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums

Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/index.php)
-   Goldfish & Koi Forum (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   The Geen Water (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71260)

13-06-2003 02:40 PM

The Geen Water
 
See this GF before and after in pond /green water.
What a great different. Then no reason to keep at home anymore.
No pond , don't keep GF liao.
http://www.geocities.com/greenngoldsg/studio-frame.html

CyberET 13-06-2003 03:24 PM

Re: The Geen Water
 
Quote:

Originally posted by dannyWong
See this GF before and after in pond /green water.
What a great different. Then no reason to keep at home anymore.
No pond , don't keep GF liao.
http://www.geocities.com/greenngoldsg/studio-frame.html

in congested singapore, its something you have to live with, if you say like that, actually all fishes grow well in pond, so don't have any pets at all, dogs need space to run, cats also, birds need to fly, turtles need the ocean, etc blah blah blah.. ;) Y have any pets at all in the first place if you think that way? maybe u should watch nemo :p anyway this is an often debated topic..

goldfishfever 13-06-2003 09:38 PM

Re: The Geen Water
 
Quote:

Originally posted by dannyWong
See this GF before and after in pond /green water.
What a great different. Then no reason to keep at home anymore.
No pond , don't keep GF liao.
http://www.geocities.com/greenngoldsg/studio-frame.html

Of course there is way and that is to use metal halid lamp to great green water.

egstring 13-06-2003 10:08 PM

although greenwater can make goldfish grow well and develope to its full potential but we can enjoy looking at them swimming and eating at the comfort of our home....
moreover, the greenwater makes it difficult to view the fish...

there are pros and cons....so...haha....

goldfishfever 13-06-2003 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by egstring
although greenwater can make goldfish grow well and develope to its full potential but we can enjoy looking at them swimming and eating at the comfort of our home....
moreover, the greenwater makes it difficult to view the fish...

there are pros and cons....so...haha....

The joy and surprise to see your fish has become red, red and fat, fat is more satisfying that to see them swimming everyday and deteriorate day by day with out realising it - until too late. This, is my experience with green water.

Xerovix 14-06-2003 12:07 AM

the condition of green water is such that you can still see the layout of the gf and also the bottom of the tub... tinted green.

many ppl mistaken that cultivating green water to that like sugarcane water. for example... those green water over at summerkoi for keeping ranchu.


Quote:

Originally posted by egstring
although greenwater can make goldfish grow well and develope to its full potential but we can enjoy looking at them swimming and eating at the comfort of our home....
moreover, the greenwater makes it difficult to view the fish...

there are pros and cons....so...haha....


HMTan 14-06-2003 12:17 AM

how to get gw the easy way
 
To obtain green water.
1. Make sure filter no to strong. Only wool
2. Make sure light on 24hrs for at least 3 day
3. Make sure water keep warm( off your fan and aircon)
4. Make sure went water get abit green change half tank of water
that leave for another week.
water sure green. remember to put ammonia stone to remove excess nitrite.
MUST HAVE PATIENT. TRY AND IT WORK FOR ME. FISH COLOUR AND SHAPE REALLY BLOSSOM.

Xerovix 14-06-2003 12:20 AM

Re: how to get gw the easy way
 
btw, are you using metal halid lamp to help cultvating greedwater?


Quote:

Originally posted by HMTan
To obtain green water.
1. Make sure filter no to strong. Only wool
2. Make sure light on 24hrs for at least 3 day
3. Make sure water keep warm( off your fan and aircon)
4. Make sure went water get abit green change half tank of water
that leave for another week.
water sure green. remember to put ammonia stone to remove excess nitrite.
MUST HAVE PATIENT. TRY AND IT WORK FOR ME. FISH COLOUR AND SHAPE REALLY BLOSSOM.


Demekin 14-06-2003 01:51 AM

Re: how to get gw the easy way
 
Quote:

Originally posted by HMTan
To obtain green water.
1. Make sure filter no to strong. Only wool
2. Make sure light on 24hrs for at least 3 day
3. Make sure water keep warm( off your fan and aircon)
4. Make sure went water get abit green change half tank of water
that leave for another week.
water sure green. remember to put ammonia stone to remove excess nitrite.
MUST HAVE PATIENT. TRY AND IT WORK FOR ME. FISH COLOUR AND SHAPE REALLY BLOSSOM.


AHHHHHHHH ...... Bro Thiam ... lost another sock yet ? Or underwear ?

Bro HMTan,
what's the purpose of filter in green water ?
Why 3 days light, then 4 days off or complete darkest ? Or just 3 days light and no need light anymore ?
Keep warm can use heater ? What's the usual temperature to keep ?
What's ammonia stone ?

Show some pic of your setup leh. How u create green water and what's the differences you see in your fish with pic leh.

kbwong_mail 14-06-2003 02:00 AM

Re: Re: how to get gw the easy way
 
Quote:

Originally posted by Xerovix
btw, are you using metal halid lamp to help cultvating greedwater?
This is what I ask in the other Post what is metal halid.
Ok now I now it is a type of lamp. So is metal halid lamp the right word to ask when I am in the LFS?:rolleyes:

For green water I thought can divide tank to 2 part. one side for keeping plant and the other side for keeping GF. Will it help in producing green water?:rolleyes:

I read throught the web site. note that green water also have their standard. The requirement is it can not be too cloudy green until you cannot see the fish. I think this is what they call good green water. Please read through again.


All times are GMT +9. The time now is 09:03 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2000-2008 Arofanatics.com (Since 30th August 2000)