Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums

Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/index.php)
-   Chatterbox (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   THIS IS MANCHESTER UNITED #143 (2019/20) - Rebuilding The Team! (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=542386)

loveikan 11-02-2020 07:16 PM

OGS is still learning but he managed to ship out many deadwoods.
He has also brought in the right players who has the hunger and wanted to play for the club.
Not only that, he also helped some of the player to improve such as Fred, McTominay and M.Rashford.
Lingard and Perriera were a disappointment having given the chance ro play so many games.
Actually, the former will be quite good to harass the opponent given his speed and stamina but he lacks the steel and rather timid as well to do this job.

Anyway hope this summer transfer window, OGS will continue to get the support to bring in the right player as well as not forgetting to give opportunity for the Academy.

It will be very impt for him and the club. We need to do some smart signings and not be taken for the ride.

loveikan 11-02-2020 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moscowblue (Post 10025969)
Based on his exploits in China, I say he is quiet good.
But again, can he be good enough for us in this situation remains to be seen as he is away from this League for 3-4 years.

yeah, quite a strong lad and hope he can help wake up A.Martial

loveikan 11-02-2020 07:42 PM

‪Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has confirmed Odion Ighalo will be in Man United’s squad vs Chelsea: “Yeah, he is going to travel with us. We will just see his fitness work this week and I think we will get him sharp. We want to integrate him as quickly as we can because, of course, he is desperate to play for us.” ‬

Would you start Ighalo or bring him off the bench against Chelsea?

moscowblue 11-02-2020 09:37 PM

The problem starts with the Glazers and Woodward

I agreed changing the manager may not help

We may be in for a long haul before titles starts coming back in again

Best solution is of course to get in the Middle east $$$$$ and get the glazers out, after which I am also sure Woodward will get out too, or a Director of Football brought in to help the club.

Woodward is wielding too much control over the club including negotiating with players....... Wonder why we kept getting players in at the very last minute???

As the saying goes "if you are not part of the solution, then you are part of the problem"

jwhtan 12-02-2020 10:18 AM

why we keep getting players at the last minute is because the management is penny pinching, looking for " value " deals

the danger in such a policy is that we may not get the player we want but opt for a alternative
obviously if we just pay, then we'll get fleeced in every deal we try to make

many times in every management, the organisation think too highly on themselves .... in Man Utd, the club probably thinks the name itself sells .. and that players will all want to come when Utd calls but we are no longer the winning team under SAF .... players want to join either winners or best paymasters .... we are not the winners we once were, and we penny pinch ...

but i still think we shouldn't deal with Mino Raiola .....

jwhtan 12-02-2020 10:44 AM

as for Ed Woodward, is he as bad as he is being vilified ?
i think it is because he freaking screw up the first transfer window that he was in charge of

2013 David Moyes talked abt Ronaldo, Bale, Fabregas, Kroos etc big name players and then Ed Woodward left the Utd summer tour to conduct " urgent " transfer business ..... all the fans were left in anticipation of who is to come in .... this is the first year after SAF ... and then what happens ? we had Marouane Fellaini and we paid 4m more than his exit clause that expired a few days earlier because we offered a low ball price when his exit clause was effective ..... he did deliver Juan Mata in the January window though

2014 i think is the top tactician fault .... woodward delivered the players the manager wanted ... Di Maria, Falcao, Herrera, Shaw, Blind, Rojo ....
2015 still under LVG .... Martial, Schneiderlin, Schweinsteiger, Depay, Darmian, Romero
of cos the players LVG didn't want were all flogged off cheaply ... including Di Maria buy one year sell the next at 15M loss to freaking rich PSG ...

2016 Mourinho ..... Pogba, Mikhitarian, Bailly, Zlatan
2017 Mourinho ..... Lukaku, Matic, Lindelof
2018 Mourinho ..... Fred, Dalot, Sanchez

2019 Solskjaer ..... Maguire, Wan Bissaka, Daniel James, Bruno Fernandes

did Ed Woodward do as bad as he is made out to be or u think the managers screw up ?

draw ur own conclusions

loveikan 15-02-2020 06:08 AM

Manchester City banned from European club competitions for two seasons by Uefa

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...7B4PKg&ampcf=1

lenghan 15-02-2020 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loveikan (Post 10026003)
Manchester City banned from European club competitions for two seasons by Uefa

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...7B4PKg&ampcf=1

With our current crop of players, still doubt that we can reach 5th place!!!
Just my personal opinion

BBP604 17-02-2020 11:34 AM

Next match against Chelsea.
Shall see if BF can step up and be good at the centre of the field.
Igaldo looks to see if his return can add firepower and challenge at the front.
Read reports we are eyeing maddison and grealish.
What are we missing ?

loveikan 17-02-2020 12:14 PM

yup.
we need James and Martial to trouble Chelsea backline with their speed, spilt their defence up allowing BF to make assist and passes to our forward line.

But having said so, we lack a DM with Mctominay and Matic injured.
hope we can win this match.

Btw, either Greanlish or Maddison will be good. and last heard Timo Wener and Jadon are in Woody's plan too