Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums

Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tank set-ups, Filtration & Water Management (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   OHF outlet is kicking up my sand! (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=458510)

Sunday 04-04-2011 06:27 PM

OHF outlet is kicking up my sand!

I have a 2ft tank currently filtered with an OHF. I have sand in the tank. The water coming out from the outlet is hitting the sand directly underneath it and dispersing everything, thus the bottom of the tank can be seen. All this doesn't look very nice so i was wondering whether there was another way to disperse the water, like perhaps towards the pump. Rainbars perhaps? But will the piping fit the hole that's meant as the outlet on the OHF? I have zero experience with piping. Thanks and very much appreciated!

AiZaiApple 04-04-2011 06:48 PM

Btw you using the single tier or mr aqua >? maybe you can DIY a L join change the water direction instead of letting it fall downwards

A.SickLids 04-04-2011 07:08 PM

Hey bro, thought mr aqua ohf comes with an elbow joint which you can fix it at your outlet? It did for my 4ft one, can't remember about my 2ft.

Opps just saw that you didn't mention you're using mr aqua. Please ignore my post

Euphonlst 04-04-2011 07:14 PM

You can also try to get the L joint from most hardwareshop to fit your ohf outlet... Just bring the outlet to the hardwareshop and problem solve:p

WiNd.feNg 04-04-2011 08:03 PM

yea use an L-joint. if you don't want you can put rocks at that area to deco it up instead?

Sunday 04-04-2011 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AiZaiApple (Post 8365598)
Btw you using the single tier or mr aqua >? maybe you can DIY a L join change the water direction instead of letting it fall downwards

Quote:

Originally Posted by A.SickLids (Post 8365635)
Hey bro, thought mr aqua ohf comes with an elbow joint which you can fix it at your outlet? It did for my 4ft one, can't remember about my 2ft.

Opps just saw that you didn't mention you're using mr aqua. Please ignore my post

Quote:

Originally Posted by Euphonlst (Post 8365645)
You can also try to get the L joint from most hardwareshop to fit your ohf outlet... Just bring the outlet to the hardwareshop and problem solve:p

Quote:

Originally Posted by WiNd.feNg (Post 8365722)
yea use an L-joint. if you don't want you can put rocks at that area to deco it up instead?

Mine's not Mr. Aqua. Actually i don't know cos' i got it 2nd hand with a Dolphin 808. Right now the problem is that the outlet is a hole right? I put the small tube through it but the water isn't actually going in through the tube but rather flowing around it. Meaning the water is flowing out directly from the hole in the base tray, then following the pipe down so as to reduce noise. Very confused here. Could someone post a picture of your outlet area? Even if i went to the hardware shop now, i wouldn't know what to buy cos' i'm so confused! Many thanks for answer guys!

Kheong 04-04-2011 09:04 PM

Lower your pump flowrate?

Sunday 04-04-2011 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kheong (Post 8365811)
Lower your pump flowrate?

That's not the problem. The problem here is gravity. I can't slow down the water that's flowing from the outlet. There will always be water and it will always flow downwards.

some_1s 04-04-2011 09:20 PM

hmmm....... u mean the water is not flowing into the pipe , but outside the pipe is it ? if this the case find a bigger pipe n glue to the bottom of the hole .

some_1s 04-04-2011 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by some_1s (Post 8365846)
hmmm....... u mean the water is not flowing into the pipe , but outside the pipe is it ? if this the case find a bigger pipe n glue to the bottom of the hole .

sny n put a L bow with it .