Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums

Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/index.php)
-   Chatterbox (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   THIS IS MANCHESTER UNITED #143 (2019/20) - Rebuilding The Team! (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=542386)

KeeHuat 30-12-2020 08:04 AM

Fergie Time! It was a tough match against Wolves.

Great ball from Fernandes to Rashford who was still full of running and scored.

If I were the Wolves manager, I would fine the fullback who was sitting on the floor and could suddenly get up when Rashford was attacking. I would drop him too from the team.

moscowblue 30-12-2020 05:02 PM

They played a game 48hrs before. In the end, their defence were too tired.

lenghan 30-12-2020 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moscowblue (Post 10027298)
They played a game 48hrs before. In the end, their defence were too tired.

That is why we must make sure we have depth in our sub bench if we are challenging for the title. Hope the Board realise this and strengthen the defensive weakness we are facing. At the rate EB is playing it is a matter of time before he gets injured again

BBP604 30-12-2020 10:43 PM

Can see the team is playing better compared to earlier matches.
Even though we did not play very well.
But all put in effort till the very last minute to secure 3pts.
In my opinion Matic is motm.

lenghan 31-12-2020 01:41 AM

The match between Liverpool and us will be played without fans after the English FA raised their COVID protocol.
Tonight's game between Fulham and Spurs also postphoned due to outbreak

loveikan 31-12-2020 06:55 AM

Some fine saves from Magpies gk helped New to a draw.
Pools dropped another 2 points so we have to seize the chance to be level on point with pools this week

KeeHuat 01-01-2021 01:02 AM

Manchester United's Edinson Cavani has been given a three-match ban and a £100,000 fine for a social media post containing a Spanish phrase that is offensive in some contexts.

The Uruguayan, 33, pleaded guilty to a Football Association charge of using insulting and/or improper words.

Cavani sent the message after scoring a winner at Southampton on 29 November.

The striker subsequently deleted the post and apologised when the meaning that could be attached was pointed out.

Along with the ban and fine, Cavani must also complete a "face-to-face" education programme.

Cavani's ban will begin immediately, ruling him out of United's Premier League game with Aston Villa on New Year's Day.

He is also set to miss the EFL Cup semi-final against Manchester City on 6 January and FA Cup third-round tie with Watford on 9 January.

Cavani issued an apology shortly after posting the message on Instagram following United's 3-2 comeback win against the Saints.

"It was intended as an affectionate greeting to a friend, thanking him for his congratulations after the game," said the former Napoli and Paris St-Germain striker.

"The last thing I wanted to do was cause offence to anyone.

"I am completely opposed to racism and deleted the message as soon as it was explained that it can be interpreted differently."

KeeHuat 02-01-2021 04:17 AM

Manchester United team: De Gea, Wan-Bissaka, Bailly, Maguire, Shaw, Fred, McTominay, Pogba, Fernandes, Rashford, Martial.

Subs: Henderson, Telles, Tuanzebe, James, Lingard, Mata, Matic, Van de Beek, Greenwood.

lenghan 02-01-2021 06:06 AM

Quite evenly contested in the 1st half but we have a slight edge by courtesy of AM's goal 1-0
Villa is no pushover and 1-0 lead is always dangerous
Let's go for a quick 2nd goal in the 2nd half

lenghan 02-01-2021 07:00 AM

Hard won victory 2-1
EB final block gave us all 3 points!!!