Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums

Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cichlid Experiences (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Sharing my angels spawn (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=532752)

novjoe 14-06-2015 12:28 AM

Sharing my angels spawn

The two of them pair up when they are in the comm tank. First spawn was unsuccessful although the fries hatch as they were spawned in comm tank so the parents were too stressed out. One week after moving them to a 10 gallon tank, they spawned again. :)

Its my first time having angels spawning so I keep my fingers crossed that the fries will somehow survive as they are different from discus where fries will feed on parent's slime. Currently, making brine shrimp for the free swimmers now.

Kindly let me know if I have done anything wrong. Thanks!

Daddy: Zebra Angel
Mummy: Manacaperu Angel

http://c1.staticflickr.com/1/334/181...fe4410e5_c.jpg

http://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8829/18...994b887e_c.jpg

patclay 14-06-2015 12:46 AM

Congrats! !

novjoe 14-06-2015 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patclay (Post 9867025)
Congrats! !

Thanks bro!

longyi 14-06-2015 10:38 AM

Congrats to your angel spawn, both papa and mama angel look very nice and hope the fries will also turn up nicely.

novjoe 14-06-2015 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longyi (Post 9867053)
Congrats to your angel spawn, both papa and mama angel look very nice and hope the fries will also turn up nicely.

Thanks bro. Yep, they are the healthiest and they nicest among the rest of their peers. :)

lewis 14-06-2015 05:00 PM

Well done n congrat!

novjoe 15-06-2015 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewis (Post 9867125)
Well done n congrat!

Thanks alot bro!

Saleen 15-06-2015 05:01 AM

congrats =) so many fries

icekiki 15-06-2015 09:50 AM

congrats bro, able to share the tank size and your setup? :)

novjoe 15-06-2015 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saleen (Post 9867282)
congrats =) so many fries

Thanks bro!

Quote:

Originally Posted by icekiki (Post 9867301)
congrats bro, able to share the tank size and your setup? :)

Thanks bro! Original comm tank where they pair up is 2.5ft by 1.5ft by 2ft height tank. 2 Driftwoods, 2 rocks, some low tech plants like nana and internal filter with Azoo soil base. They first lay eggs on the side of the filter and when the fries starts coming out, they shift to the driftwood.

Currently, they are in their own 1.5ft by 1ft by 15" height tank with just airtube and triangle ceramic slate for laying eggs. No sponge and other stuffs. Ph 7, plus meth blue to prevent fungus.

Brichardi 15-06-2015 03:51 PM

Congrats on the pair/fries! Thanks for sharing.

Personally, if u do want a 'better' survival rate for the fries....feed them 'live' boon for the first few weeks. Good luck.

fireblade 15-06-2015 04:08 PM

congrats on your new spawn!
mine also spawned and can see wriggles...
the last spawn I fed them bbs on the 3rd day after they free swimming and then that night all babies disappeared. think the parents eat them. wonder what went wrong...

novjoe 15-06-2015 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brichardi (Post 9867385)
Congrats on the pair/fries! Thanks for sharing.

Personally, if u do want a 'better' survival rate for the fries....feed them 'live' boon for the first few weeks. Good luck.

Thanks bro! Any idea where i can get my hands on the live boon? Now feeding them live artemia which i cultivate and hatch daily together with Hikari first bite.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fireblade (Post 9867389)
congrats on your new spawn!
mine also spawned and can see wriggles...
the last spawn I fed them bbs on the 3rd day after they free swimming and then that night all babies disappeared. think the parents eat them. wonder what went wrong...

Thanks bro. Probably, the parents too stress. Try not to switch on lights and keep the environment darker. Feeding has to be done at discreet.

Btw, what did you feed the parents with? I fed with FBW and Tetrabits.

CheckerBox 16-06-2015 12:23 AM

Hi Bro,

Congrats on your new spawn. :)

No offence but you may wanna take note that your female is unlikely to be a Manacapuru. It's likely to be a Silver or at best a Manacapuru hybrid.

Nevertheless, very nice healthy looking pair and all the best for your spawn.

Cheers! :)

novjoe 16-06-2015 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CheckerBox (Post 9867540)
Hi Bro,

Congrats on your new spawn. :)

No offence but you may wanna take note that your female is unlikely to be a Manacapuru. It's likely to be a Silver or at best a Manacapuru hybrid.

Nevertheless, very nice healthy looking pair and all the best for your spawn.

Cheers! :)

Thanks bro. No worries. Just that the LFS which I bought from states Manacaperu so I just have to believe that they belong to the family. I'm not good in identifying Angels and I mainly bought them as my wife loves angelfish. :o

CheckerBox 18-06-2015 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by novjoe (Post 9867556)
Thanks bro. No worries. Just that the LFS which I bought from states Manacaperu so I just have to believe that they belong to the family. I'm not good in identifying Angels and I mainly bought them as my wife loves angelfish. :o

It's common mistake by lfs to mislabel the fishes they selling. Anyway, most impt is you love the fish. That's all it matter. All the best in angel keeping.

Cheers! 😊👍

Brichardi 18-06-2015 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by novjoe (Post 9867462)
Thanks bro! Any idea where i can get my hands on the live boon? Now feeding them live artemia which i cultivate and hatch daily together with Hikari first bite.

Depends on where u staying bud. If u search on daphnia or 'live' boon in AF, you may find a thread/s on whereabout to get 'live' boon. As far as I know...ST farms, Y618, Pasir Ris farms, CCK, Serangoon, etc should still sell 'live' boon. 'Live' boon is ideal as the fries NEVER will die from overeating or indigestion, but take note NOT to feed way too much than they can consume within 30 mins. Feed regularly/frequently.

novjoe 19-06-2015 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CheckerBox (Post 9868540)
It's common mistake by lfs to mislabel the fishes they selling. Anyway, most impt is you love the fish. That's all it matter. All the best in angel keeping.

Cheers! 😊👍

Thanks bro! Yep, we love the Angels as much as the Discus :).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brichardi (Post 9868714)
Depends on where u staying bud. If u search on daphnia or 'live' boon in AF, you may find a thread/s on whereabout to get 'live' boon. As far as I know...ST farms, Y618, Pasir Ris farms, CCK, Serangoon, etc should still sell 'live' boon. 'Live' boon is ideal as the fries NEVER will die from overeating or indigestion, but take note NOT to feed way too much than they can consume within 30 mins. Feed regularly/frequently.

Wow. That a great deal of important info for me. Thank you very much for sharing!

novjoe 22-06-2015 01:08 AM

Will this really work out for them?

To my surprised, this evening after our weekly in-laws visit, this pair laid eggs again! Now, I'm totally taken aback as the fries from the first spawn is still in the current tank whilst being free swimmers for barely a week!

Now, I have no idea how this is gonna work out for them as I never have this problem with Discus before as the Discus parents are too busy feeding the fries, at the same time, irritated by the bites from the feeding fries, thus no mood to lay eggs again during that period.

Anyway, here are some lousy shots taken using my handphone camera. :)

Mummy taking care of the eggs.
http://c1.staticflickr.com/1/306/184...f918f341_c.jpg

Daddy protecting the fries.
http://c1.staticflickr.com/1/358/188...2fde2469_c.jpg

lewis 23-06-2015 01:35 AM

Wow, congrats again! Look like u will be busy as well for t next few weeks taking care of them!! Hope they will not lay eggs again after next week! Hee.....

nitingdedao 23-06-2015 11:17 AM

Very nice!! prep lots of tanks?

novjoe 23-06-2015 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewis (Post 9870189)
Wow, congrats again! Look like u will be busy as well for t next few weeks taking care of them!! Hope they will not lay eggs again after next week! Hee.....

Thanks bro! Ya, I hope that the factory can suspend operation for a while as I will be away this weekend. If not, I will have to call for SOS liao... :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitingdedao (Post 9870273)
Very nice!! prep lots of tanks?

Thanks bro! I may need to do some shifting of fishes here and there to squeeze more tanks out. :)

michellehail 08-07-2015 02:18 AM

that's rly cool man, congrats!

novjoe 11-07-2015 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michellehail (Post 9876104)
that's rly cool man, congrats!

Thanks bro!