Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums

Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/index.php)
-   Articles, Resources & FAQs (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   101 guide to Tanning Regime (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=204283)

widjajas 24-09-2005 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krowana
Bro, if I am not wrong, by hanging the light outside, it wouldn't injure your aro or occupy the space within the tank. If you are using nan light, how many nan light you want to put to tan your aro? If hanging outside, you can hang a 4x36W light housing to tan. Another thing is servicing. If your nan light got problem, you need to take a few thing before you can change your light tube but for those hanging outside one, you can just change the tube on the spot.;)

ic thanks...that is assuming you are hanging PL lights...i saw ppl hang NAN light outside too...i just wonder what he's trying to achieve :confused:

krowana 24-09-2005 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by widjajas
ic thanks...that is assuming you are hanging PL lights...i saw ppl hang NAN light outside too...i just wonder what he's trying to achieve :confused:

As wat bro kage had mention in page 13, he said that all tubes have a variable amount of UV. Even though ppl hang nan light outside, it still can acheive the tanning but with longer time and exposure.

kagemaru 24-09-2005 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krowana
As wat bro kage had mention in page 13, he said that all tubes have a variable amount of UV. Even though ppl hang nan light outside, it still can acheive the tanning but with longer time and exposure.

D3 was designed with a special glass which will allows a higher level of UV to pass through its tubes

Quoting from Arcadia webbie:

Ultra violet light of a particular wave band, known as UVB (290-320 nm), is required, and is produced by the Arcadia D3 Reptile lamp. UVB is not present in sufficient quantities in normal full spectrum fluorescent lamps, because the glass absorbs UVB, whereas the D3 Arcadia lamp uses a special glass designed to allow through sufficient yet safe levels of UVB and UVA.

krowana 26-09-2005 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kagemaru
its still on top!!

should come from side right?

http://arofanatics.com/members/kagem...che=1127461111

Bro Kage, I had followed your this setting on my present tank. But I realise when I switched on the light, the aro tend to slant to the light side as it swim by the light. As I off the light, the aro swim as per normal. Why is this so? Is there any remedy to it or is there any advice to improve it? Thanks.

kagemaru 26-09-2005 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krowana
Bro Kage, I had followed your this setting on my present tank. But I realise when I switched on the light, the aro tend to slant to the light side as it swim by the light. As I off the light, the aro swim as per normal. Why is this so? Is there any remedy to it or is there any advice to improve it? Thanks.

go read from start 1st page...

krowana 26-09-2005 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kagemaru
go read from start 1st page...

So stupid of me to skip this part. Sorry. I must be reading blindly. :p In this case, I will put a nan light over the other side to balance it.

kagemaru 26-09-2005 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krowana
So stupid of me to skip this part. Sorry. I must be reading blindly. :p In this case, I will put a nan light over the other side to balance it.

:p

basically u will need a small night light to balance it off on the other side can liao...

its the tendency of some reds to slant their body on one side if they are exposed to extreme ends of lightings on one side of the tank

no rocket science technology need to understand this...if I try to punch from the front, u will tend to shift ur face to the back...natural instinctive move nia...

**sometimes share still got some idiots like to comments in other threads, I give the thread starter face not to bottle them**

btw ur sump whether use jap mats or not is a critical issue, important part is have enuff aeration in the trickle tower part, leave the biohome plus portion dark and shady...not necessary need aeration all out in every compartment...this is not another bakki shower

kagemaru 26-09-2005 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by winkelhock
Relax babe,do what u think is correct..come buy my fish leh... :o

I give u face never kajiao ur thread mah:o ...I also very dry after my comm taken all ...

now will shift focus to gold and only some reds...

sometimes damn sianz also...no appreciation no kick liao...life so boring

tonight u anywhere?

bubble filter, sand filter, all about playing water...color once genes is gd no need to worry...pity thing is how many can get gd genes?

not enuff cash to buy ur type of red so have to come out with "chim chim theories"...u think other ppl will share with u all this hard work??

some throw u a smoke bomb bring u to holland ppl see them as god liao...the more smokey the better...I put clear instructions ppl buay song...

krowana 26-09-2005 06:00 PM

Since I am going to use another light to balance, can I use a D3 tube instead? Which mean 1 side is a D3 tube in a nan housing and the other side is the hanging light housing. This way, I can tan both side of the aro.

kagemaru 26-09-2005 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krowana
Since I am going to use another light to balance, can I use a D3 tube instead? Which mean 1 side is a D3 tube in a nan housing and the other side is the hanging light housing. This way, I can tan both side of the aro.

of cos my frenz...there is no strict rules on which light to use inside or outside


All times are GMT +9. The time now is 02:17 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2000-2008 Arofanatics.com (Since 30th August 2000)